Take the classic apple pecan salad to the next level with creamy blue cheese crumbles and dried cranberries. Drizzle this easy salad with my creamy apple cider dressing for a dynamite combination!
One of my favorite year-round salads is this apple, pecan and blue cheese salad with dried cranberries. I love the combination of fruit, nuts and the sharpness of the creamy blue cheese crumbles. It’s a hearty salad that is perfect on its own or topped with your favorite protein like grilled chicken or diced turkey.
This is also an easy salad with a beautiful presentation so its perfect for parties and celebrations like potlucks, holiday festivities, dinner parties and more. This salad is always a winner!
Sweet apples, toasted pecans and creamy cheese are just a match made in heaven. The tartness that the dried cranberries add pairs so perfectly with the sweetness of the apples!
Pile a big salad bowl high with lots of your favorite leafy greens – I love arugula and mixed greens – and load up thinly sliced crisp apples, toasted pecans, dried cranberries and crumbled blue cheese. Drizzle on my Creamy Apple Cider Dressing for an easy and healthy salad that packs loads of flavor!
What You Need for Apple, Pecan, and Blue Cheese Salad
Leafy Greens: I suggest a hearty mix of leafy greens for this salad. I personally love a blend of mixed greens, romaine, arugula and spinach. You could use kale also.
Toasted Pecans: If you want to leave your pecans raw, go for it, but toasting them brings out that delicious nutty flavor. Swap them for your favorite nut if you like (try walnuts, pistachios or almonds). Want extra sweetness? Try candied pecans!
Apples: I love a crisp apple like Honeycrisp apples, Gala apples, or jazz apples. You could also opt for a tarter apple like Granny Smith if you like.
Blue Cheese: Blue cheese crumbles are fantastic with apples, but any soft cheese will do like a good crumbled feta cheese too.
Cranberries: Dried cranberries add the perfect tart touch to this easy apple salad. Swap them for any dried fruit if you like like dried cherries, blueberries or even chopped dates.
Dressing: I love my Creamy Apple Cider Dressing with this salad. It’s an easy homemade apple cider vinaigrette dressing made with apple cider vinegar, honey, mustard, EVOO, and Greek yogurt. Any similar vinaigrette would be delicious on this salad, however!
Tips & Tricks
- Be sure to wash your greens very well and gently pat dry to remove excess moisture from your lettuce. This will allow the dressing to stick better to your greens. I highly suggest investing in a salad spinner if you love making salads at home!
- Slice apples thinly or chop them into cubes for a chopped version of this apple pecan salad. If you don’t plan to eat your salad right away, I suggest quickly dipping your apples in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Toast your pecans for extra flavor!
- Save time and buy pre-crumbled blue cheese (sold as blue cheese crumbles in the cheese aisle).
More Salads You’ll Love:
Apple, Pecan & Blue Cheese Salad
- 8 cups mixed salad greens such as romaine, arugula, spinach, etc.
- 1 apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecan halves toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup Creamy Apple Cider Dressing
- Wash greens thoroughly and gently pat dry or dry using a salad spinner.
- Add greens, sliced apple, toasted pecan halves, dried cranberries and blue cheese crumbles to a large salad bowl.
- Pour over salad dressing and toss to throughly combine. Enjoy!