A combination of Cajun-spiced shrimp, crispy bacon, crunchy vegetables, eggs and a drizzle of dressing combines for a tasty Cobb salad you will love! This one is also PERFECT for a crowd!
Named after restaurant owner Robert Howard Cobb, a Cobb salad is a salad typically made with lettuce greens, chopped bacon, meats (such as chicken, ham or shrimp), hard-boiled eggs, avocado, and often blue cheese crumbles or blue cheese dressing.
If you love a good hearty salad that easily serves as a dinner idea for a hungry crowd, this Cajun shrimp Cobb salad will do the trick! It’s filling, colorful and so delicious!
While this Cajun shrimp has some spice to it, it’s not too spicy! You can certainly adjust the heat to your liking. Or leave it off altogether for a simple shrimp Cobb salad. I love the burst of flavors with the Cajun seasoning, however, so give it a try if you like a touch of spice!
Let’s talk about hard-boiled eggs! Everyone has their preference for just how you like your hard-boiled eggs. Here I have them a bit more jammy but you can certainly cook your eggs to your liking!
The Best Dressing for Cajun Shrimp Cobb Salad
Let’s talk dressing! Now everyone has their favorite dressing flavors (team Ranch!) but there are several salad dressings that are delicious on a shrimp Cobb salad! A popular Cobb salad dressing is blue cheese, but you can choose your favorite!
- Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Creamy Chipotle Dressing
How to Serve a Shrimp Cobb Salad
If you’re throwing a party or hosting friends, up the ante on the presentation by layering on all the tasty Cobb salad toppings in a large salad platter or bowl. Add dressing just before serving.
You can also chop the salad (these are my favorite salad choppers) which is what I like to do when serving it at for a quick weeknight meal.
Whether you’re looking for a wholesome lunch, a light dinner, or a show-stopping dish to impress your guests, this Cajun Shrimp Cobb Salad checks all the boxes! I hope you’ll give it a try!
More Tasty Salads
- Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad
- Grinder Salad (a FAVE!)
- Hot Chicken Salad
- Shrimp Salad with Old Bay (another seafood fave!)
Cajun Shrimp Cobb Salad
- 6 bacon slices chopped
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 8 cups lettuce
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado chopped
- 2 mini cucumbers sliced
- 1 cup corn sautéed or broiled
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 6 oz blue cheese crumbled
- 2 green onions diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium, until browned. Remove and transfer to paper towels.
- Toss shrimp in a bowl with Cajun seasoning and chili pepper flakes. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from pan and add olive oil and seasoned shrimp, on medium-high heat.
- Cook shrimp, in batches, for 2 minutes per side, flipping once, until opaque.
- Boil eggs to liking (8 minutes for medium and 12 minutes for hard-boiled), peel and slice.
- Wash greens, pat dry, and arrange on a large serving platter. Arrange salad toppings on the greens and garnish with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately (can also drizzle with your favorite blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, or a high-quality extra virgin olive oil).