This creamy parmesan pasta salad is a go-tin win for an easy side dish. Noodles paired with fresh veggies and a creamy parmesan dressing!
When it comes to go-go salads that are always a win, pasta salads are at the top of the list! They’re casual, easy to make and loaded with delicious ingredients perfect for carefree summer gatherings or year-round easy dinners.
This Creamy Parmesan Pasta Salad has quickly earned its place as a household favorite! Combine the pasta with juicy tomatoes, crisp bell peppers, and zesty Parmesan cheese, all dressed in a creamy dressing blend. It’s a quick side dish that everyone will love!
Parmesan Pasta Salad Ingredients
While some pasta salads have loads of ingredients, all these here are common kitchen staples and a few fresh veggies! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pasta (I use fusilli but bowtie, penne or macaroni would be great alternatives)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Green Bell Pepper
- Red Bell Pepper
- Sour Creamy
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Parmesan Cheese (grated)
** TIP – This chopper is one of my favorite kitchen tools, it makes dicing vegetables a breeze!
For the Pasta Salad Dressing
The key to this parmesan pasta salad is the creamy parmesan dressing. It’s absolutely delightful! Don’t skimp on the parmesan. You can grate your own or buy store-bought, both work well. Just be sure to whisk it well. I also like to garnish my pasta salad with a little extra sprinkle of grated parmesan.
Make Ahead and Storage for Parmesan Pasta Salad
This pasta salad actually tastes even better when made ahead! That makes it the ultimate side dish for barbecues, cookouts and get-togethers.
You can prepare it up to a day in advance, just be sure to give it a good stir before serving to re-distribute the dressing.
This pasta salad lasts up to 4 days in the refrigerator covered in an airtight container. It’s perfect for easy lunches or dinner side dishes throughout the week!
And that’s it! We hope you enjoy this parmesan pasta salad at a summer gathering: let us know in the comments below! Enjoy!
More Easy Salads We Love:
Creamy Parmesan Pasta Salad
- 1 pound pasta bowtie, fusilli, penne or other short cut pasta
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the pasta according to package instructions until it's al dente. Once cooked, drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking process. Let it cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the cooked pasta, halved tomatoes, diced red onion, diced bell peppers, and diced celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, minced garlic, and grated parmesan cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the creamy parmesan dressing over the pasta and veggies. Gently toss everything together until the pasta and veggies are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Serve immediately. Or to make ahead, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. When you're ready to serve, give the salad a fresh toss and add a dash of salt as needed.